Photo from Taste of Home.com
Did anyone notice the new face lift that my friend, Becky, gave to Kim's Cuisine?
Strawberry Pineapple Pie
Courtesy of Taste of Home.com
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 10 frozen strawberries, thawed
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract, divided
- 5 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place pineapple and strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a saucepan. Stir in the tapioca, egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 teaspoon extract and food coloring if desired. Pour into pastry shell; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of pie. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 663 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 127 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 4 g protein.