Melted Witch Puddles
Courtesy of Taste of Home.com
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 drops yellow food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 36 chocolate cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 36 Bugles
- 4 cups vanilla or white chips
- 36 pretzel sticks
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine water and food coloring; add coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint coconut; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and 2 tablespoons shortening; stir until smooth.
- For witches' hats, place about 1/3 cup chocolate mixture in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe a small amount of chocolate on a cookie. Dip a Bugle in some of the remaining chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Position over chocolate on cookie, forming a witch's hat. Set on waxed paper to dry. Repeat with remaining chocolate, Bugles and cookies.
- For brooms, in a microwave, at 70% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Place mixture in a large heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag.
- Pipe mixture into the shape of a puddle onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Immediately place a witch's hat on the puddle. Place a pretzel stick alongside the hat; sprinkle reserved tinted coconut at the end of the pretzel stick. Repeat with remaining puddles, hats and brooms. Chill for 15 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container.
- Yield: 3 dozen.